Tertiary education providers have a responsibility to ensure that their staff and students comply with copyright rules. Most institutions have their own written copyright policies which outline expectations placed on their students and staff when dealing with third party material. In some cases, failure to copy and share copyright material legally and fairly may result in disciplinary action being taken by the education provider against staff or students.
Articles in this section
- What this Section is About
- Importance of Copyright to Tertiary Education
- Key Principles
- Tertiary Education Providers' Own Copyright Policies
- Works Protected by Copyright
- What are the Rights Under Copyright?
- Infringement of Copyright
- Where Copyright Does Not Apply
- Own Works
- Fair Dealing