Licence administrators are often also responsible for dealing with other copyright inquiries from staff within their organisation. Here we’ve provided answers to some commonly asked questions you may hear.
Articles in this section
- About this section
- If a work is unpublished does copyright apply?
- Can I post a copy to myself as proof that it is copyright?
- Can copyright protect ideas?
- Can a name or title be protected by copyright?
- If a work is available online then can’t anyone use it? Isn’t it public domain?
- A work doesn’t have a copyright notice; is it protected by copyright?
- If only a small amount of a work is used, then permission is not needed?
- If changes are made to the work, then permission is not needed?
- If the author is credited, then permission is not needed?