When selecting material to reuse it’s a good idea to choose material that will be simple to clear for the use you envisage. CLNZ can sometimes assist with one-off transactional licences too.
Articles in this section
- About this section
- If a work is unpublished does copyright apply?
- Can I post a copy to myself as proof that it is copyright?
- Can copyright protect ideas?
- Can a name or title be protected by copyright?
- If a work is available online then can’t anyone use it? Isn’t it public domain?
- A work doesn’t have a copyright notice; is it protected by copyright?
- If only a small amount of a work is used, then permission is not needed?
- If changes are made to the work, then permission is not needed?
- If the author is credited, then permission is not needed?